Dr. Michael T. Brown – Director of the McGlinn Cancer Center
Surgical Oncologist Michael T. Brown, M.D. has served as Medical Director of the McGlinn Cancer Center since 2013 and Co-Director of the Reading Health System Comprehensive Breast Cancer Clinic since 2004. With 90% of his practice focused on cancer patients, Dr. Brown is sensitive to the specific challenges cancer patients face. He deals gently with patients and their families while aggressively directing the Cancer Center to be at the forefront of cancer research and treatment modalities and to partner with leaders throughout the country to bring cutting edge treatment and the very best in cancer care right here to Berks County.
The McGlinn Cancer Center offers:
- A multidisciplinary team approach where cancer experts trained in the latest scientific advances come together to utilize the regions’ most advanced technology and offer customized, coordinated cancer care.
- Certified Breast Care Programs accredited through the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
- The Department of Surgery at the Reading Hospital comprised of a dedicated team of oncologic surgeons who are able to handle a wide range of cancers.
- Cancer Care Navigators who have extensive knowledge in oncology care and provide support and education as you manage your surgery, treatment and recovery.
- Access to groundbreaking oncology clinical trials, through partnerships with Thomas Jefferson University and Johns Hopkins Clinical Research Network, which give patients access to a broad selection of clinical trials and support.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery using the da Vinci Surgical System to treat cancer when applicable.
- An Image Recovery Center and an array of helpful support programs and services to help patients on the road to recovery.