Michael T. Brown, M.D., MBA, F.A.C.S.
“As an oncological surgeon for the past 25 years, I see tremendous strides in how we treat cancers, especially breast cancer. I am deeply committed to partnering with my patients to determine an approach that eliminates the cancer and minimizes the chance of recurrence while being mindful of their individual needs.”
Dr. Brown views his role as a surgeon as a privilege. And with that privilege is the responsibility to provide personal, compassionate care for his patients. Early in his career a mentor taught him that surgeons can’t always cure a patient, but he can always care for her. This devotion to his patients and to medicine has evolved into an oncological surgery practice that progressively seeks to find medical advances that improve patient care.
Michael Brown, M.D. holds several key leadership positions within the medical community including Director of the McGlinn Cancer Institute of the Reading Health System (2013-present), Co-Director of the Comprehensive Cancer Clinic at the Reading Hospital since 2004 and Section Chief for General Surgery at the Reading Hospital (2008 – present).
Dr. Brown received his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University. He completed his surgical residency at the Medical Center of Delaware and a surgical oncology fellowship at the Medical Research Institute of Delaware and Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. A native of Philadelphia, he is a graduate of the University of Scranton and also holds an MBA in Healthcare from Alvernia College.
Mike and his wife Patti (M.D.) live in Wyomissing and have 4 children, 2 who are currently in medical school carrying on the family tradition. He enjoys history and golf.
Make an Appointment
Monday - Thursday
9AM - 5PM
9AM - 4PM
Education and Credentials
- 1982 B.S., Biology, University of Scranton
- 1986 MD Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University
- 1986 – 1991 General Surgery Residency, The Medical Center of Delaware
- 1991 – 1992 Surgical Oncology Fellowship, The Medical Research Institute of Delaware
- 2007 MBA Healthcare, Alvernia College
- 1987 Diplomat, National Board of Medical Examiners
- 1992, 2002, 2012, American Board of Surgery
- 1988, re-certified 1993, 1998, 2003, Advanced Trauma Life Support
- 1995 FACS, American College of Surgeons
- 1996 Society of Surgical Oncology
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Berks County Medical Society
- Christian Medical and Dental Association
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncologist
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Society of Breast Surgeons
- Infectious Diseases 1994-1996
- Investigational Review Board 1994-1996
- Cancer Committee 1992- present
- Chairman, Cancer Committee 1998-2005
- Nutrition Committee, 1996-1997
- Chairman, Nutrition Committee 1996-1997
- Medical Executive Committee, 1998-2001
- Surgical Review Committee, 1993-1998
- Health Central Medical Advisory Committee 1997-1998
- 2005 Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation Award