The Time of Your Surgery
- If your surgery is scheduled at The Reading Hospital, you will be called by the facility the day before your surgery with your ARRIVAL time. If you do not hear from them, please call:
- For Surgery – 484-628-4540
- For Stereotactic Biopsy – 484-628-7221
- If your surgery is schedule at The SurgiCenter at Spring Ridge, you will receive a call from them 3 days prior to your surgery day with your ARRIVAL time. If you do not hear from them, please call:
Where to Go for Your Surgery
- Surgery at the Reading Hospital Healthplex is located at 423 S. 7th Avenue, West Reading, PA 19611. Valet parking is available. (This is the same place that you went for Pre-Admission Testing)
- If your surgery is at Reading Hospital SurgiCenter at Spring Ridge, you will report to 2603 Keiser Boulevard/Wyomissing, PA 19610
- Medication restrictions were discussed by your doctor, the surgery scheduler and the doctors at Pre-Admission Testing. Please follow that specific information. If you have questions you can call our office at 610-374-7720 ext. 12.
- No Aspirin, Alieve, Advil, ibuprofen, Fish Oil, Vitamin E for 7 days prior to your surgery.
- Do not EAT or DRINK or SMOKE after midnight prior to your surgery unless otherwise instructed at the time of surgery scheduling.
- Sips of water are okay up to TWO HOURS PRIOR to surgery.
- Stop smoking as soon as possible before your surgery, even if you just stop days before the surgery. If you do not quit, refrain from smoking after midnight or on the day of your surgery.
- Remember to do the “Skin Prep” if you were instructed to do so at the time of your surgery scheduling.
- Wear comfortable clothing, leave ALL valuables at home and bring only essential items such as glasses, dentures, hearing aids, canes, etc.
- Please do not wear perfume/cologne, makeup, nail polish, or jewelry (including rings and watches).
- Bring a DRIVER! You will not be permitted to drive or take a taxi cab by yourself after your surgery.
- If you have questions about your surgery, please call our Surgery Scheduler at 610-374-7720 ext. 12.