Billing & Insurance
We participate with many local and national insurance plans. It is your responsibility to understand whether your insurance has limits on the doctors you can see or the services you can receive. ALSO, it is important that you make sure that the facility (Reading Hospital or Reading Hospital SurgiCenter at Spring Ridge Center) participates as well.
If you provide complete and accurate information about your insurance, we will submit claims to your insurance carrier and receive payments for services. Depending on your insurance coverage, you may be responsible for co-payments, co-insurance or deductible amounts.
Please contact our billing office at 610-374-7720 ext. 13 or call your insurance carrier with any have questions.
Your Financial Responsibility
- Our office will contact your insurance company for pre-authorization in order to schedule the surgery and determine your co-pay, deductible and co-insurance responsibility.
- Our billing department will contact you to collect a portion of your responsibility prior to surgery.
- Similarly, the facility (either the Reading Hospital or Reading Hospital SurgiCenter at Spring Ridge Center) will contact you to collect outstanding co-pay and deductible payments prior to your surgery. We work closely with the facilities to determine the amounts that we will each collect. It is important that you let our office or the facility know what you have paid to the other so that adjustments can be made to adequately reflect your outstanding responsibility.
- After your surgery, we will file your insurance claim, if applicable.
- Our office will send you a statement for any outstanding payment that you owe. Please note that this is for the SURGEON portion of your surgery. The facility, anesthesiologist, pathologist and testing will be billed separately through the Reading Hospital or Reading Hospital SurgiCenter at Spring Ridge.
- Payments are due within 30-days of your mailed invoice. If payment is not made, you will receive additional bills and after 90-days, you may be sent to collections.
- All overpayments will be refunded to you in a timely manner.
- Please keep in mind that your surgeon’s bill will be separate from the hospital charges. We understand that this can be confusing. Our surgeons are in private practice and are not included in the bills for part of the Reading Hospital or Reading Hospital SurgiCenter at Spring Ridge Center.
- We are happy to clarify your questions. Please call our billing department: 610-374-7720 ext. 13
Here is a summary list of the major insurances with which we participate.
With the changes in the health insurance industry and the proliferation of plans, it is important that you call our office at 610-374-7720 ext. 13 or check with your insurance company to verify that we participate with your specific plan.
Similarly, if you do not see your health insurance listed, please give us a call at 610-374-7720 ext. 13.
- AmeriHealth Caritas
- Berkshire Health Plan
- Capital Blue Cross
- Highmark Blue Shield
- Independence Blue Cross
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Medicare Program
- UPMC – Medicare
- UPMC – Tower Health – Reading Hospital Employees
- UPMC – Commercial Plans